Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Treats!

I posted my latest Scraptastical Kreations DT project today and wanted to share it here too.

My youngest son is Autistic and attends a classroom of 8 Autistic children.  His teacher and aides do a hard, but rewarding job so to show our appreciation I always make some kind of treat for holidays and special occasions. When I saw  the Peep-esque style bunny in the "Easter Cuties" cutting file set I knew exactly what I was going to do. I should add that the bunny comes with eyes and nose to cut out  but I was not enjoying the thought of gluing 14 tiny sets of eyes and noses so I drew them on with a Sharpie. lol

Using the bunny and eggs from the "Easter Cuties" set I made gift tags for his classmates Easter gift of candy and bubbles. Then I used the bunny and eggs to make treat topper bags that hold a Peeps bunny. I even made one for his bus drivers using yellow peeps. I figured men would rather have yellow than pink. hehe They all said they loved their treats and I even got a hug from the morning driver. :-)






Thanks for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you today!




No comments:

Post a Comment