Thursday, May 10, 2012

Theme Day Thursday



My Cricut Craft Room theme for this Thursday was to use a Flower Cartridge. I chose Flower Shoppe. I wanted so badly to go crazy and add lots of flowers to this project but felt it only need a few to look nice. This was my first time using the cartridge. The flowers were easy to put together. I can see myself using this cart a lot in the future. For this project I used the <Scallop1> flower cut at 2" and 3".


I came across a Ribbon Spool Photo Holder project in the current issue of  Northridge Publishings Signature Series magazine. I decided to give it a try. I changed mine up a bit cause well, that's what I do. lol  I don't own a Harley but I got this paper on clearance quite awhile ago and came across it in my car the other day. Yes, it's been living in my car since for months. lol  Now I just need to find some biker chick to give this to!



Wanna make one? Here's how:

Carefully remove the ends of the ribbon spool and cut two circles of paper at any size you like. Adhere a strip of paper around the middle of the spool. Punch a hole in one circle large enough for a dowel. This will be your top. Adhere a paper circle to each end of the spool. Paint a dowel and mini clothespin in a color that coordinates with your paper. Once dry, glue the clothes pin to the dowel. Put glue on the opposite end of the clothespin and insert it thru the hole pushing until it touches the bottom of the spool then embellish it any way you like.  I didn't have a Harley Davidson embellishment to go with the paper so I found the image online, printed it out and hand cut it. I then adhered it with pop dots to give it some dimension, wrapped tulle around the bottom of the dowel before inserting it and finished it off with two flowers on the clothespin. The clothespin holds your favorite photo! You could even make one to hold recipes or greeting cards. The possibilities really are endless and it cost next to nothing to make.





Don't forget to head to My Cricut Craft Room to see all the projects by Design Team Sisters!


Thanks for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you today!




18 comments:

  1. Awesome! Ive never seen this kind of project before. Looking forward to making my own in the future. Thanks for the inspiration...
    TFS!!!
    dt sista,
    Claire
    My Cricut Craftroom
    www.threewaterscreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent project, love the Pink! Love that you recycled a ribbon spool!
    DT Sistah'
    Heather
    www.papercrafteranonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I'll have to give this a try!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Who wouldn't want a Harley after seeing that photo holder??

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so cute Raquel! I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This totally ROCKS Raquel!! <3 it!! and is so your style!!

    xoxox

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great. Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great Raquel.Thank you for all the details too. I guess I better start saving some of these ribbon spools. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool Love the colors, the pic, and the flowers!

    MCCR DT, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! This is Stacey from Toxic Sass. Go check out my blog post, there is a surprise that has to do with you!! Thanks
    http://toxicsass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhh I loveeee this!!!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Photo Holder- Love the color you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming from a homespun affair release party. Super cute idea thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just became a new follower coming from a homespun affair release party

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coming from Release Party. Cute project

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a new member sent from A Homespun Affair E- Magazine Release Party! Love this spool project!! So cute!! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh this is so amazing!!! I am a new follower and love your work. yeah
    Veronica
    familyofscrappers2004@yahoo.com
    i used to be a close to my heart dealer..loved it

    ReplyDelete