A friend & I have a little crafty challenge group that we run. The Easter week challenge was to alter any kind of egg in any way so I tried my hand at a mixed media egg. I took a real egg, poked holes in each end and blew it's insides out. Once it was clean and dry I used Golden Matte Medium to apply 4 layers of old torn up sewing patterns. The matte medium is similar to Mod Podge but doesn't dry tacky and just looks nicer, in my opinion. Plus it works well with the thin paper sewing pattern. Using black StazOn ink I stamped the birdcage onto a piece of sewing pattern and applied it. Tied the tulle around it & added a little black prima rose. Next I painted the birds bellies with Nutmeg Twinkling H20s and I was good to go. It was fun to make and really pretty easy. I can't wait to make more using some vintage images. I got the idea from a video tutorial that Marah Johnson did. You can see her tutorial here: Marah Johnsons Mixed Media Egg Tutorial.
I hope I inspired you to give this a try. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks for stopping by!